i know my blogs are boring... and they are probably more for me because no one really reads these - but yet i still write them.
my music taste goes in spurts. there are some weeks i listen to my "slow, melancholy" music. actually, this is pretty typical. some weeks, top 40. others, hip-hop. recently though, i've really been craving praise music. this isn't unheard of but just not as common lately. not sure why. my heart has just been crying out i guess.
and my running music is usually hip-hop, etc. well, tonight i went for a walk. instead, i put my worship playlist on. and "the desert song" by hillsong came on. i about lost it on my walk... i mean tears falling. my last blog talked about what a great bday week i had. well, it was followed by a very hard couple of days regarding a situation that left me feeling kind of alone... feeling so attacked.
i was just so moved by that song. "In every season... YOU ARE STILL GOD" wow. He is, isn't it? i still have a reason to sing. i still have a reason to worship.
the lyrics:
The Desert Song by Hillsong
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've received I will sow
2 comments:
My dearest amazing sister! I love you so much and am so proud of the woman you have become.
"No weapon forged against [you] shall remain" Stand firm, B. You have handled all of this as I believe God has guided you to.
p.s. I know you know... I check your blog every day and can't wait for each new post. Love you, B.
oh friend, i hope things are better. you know how i love some hillsong (:
Post a Comment