Saturday, January 1, 2011

Whew...

Wow.  Is 2010 really over?  To say it was a crazy year is an understatement. 

In May, we sold our home in 5 days - for full asking price.  We moved into a one-bedroom apartment... with two dogs.  Oy.  In June, we celebrated our 1st year of marriage.  In August, hubs started at a new school.  In August, we put an offer on a house in FM... and waited... and waited.  In September, we found out we were pregnant!  Oh yeah.  And we still waited for word on the house.  In October, more waiting.  In November, we backed out on the house and put an offer on another house down the street the next day.  In December, we closed on that house!   Oh, and have I mentioned we found out we are having a baby girl?  :) 

The last 2 weeks have been nuts.  We were able to "lease-back" the house so we could get in and start painting before Christmas.  Both hubs and I had the last 2 weeks off from work and we really wanted to move in and be "in" before heading back to work.  Oh what a process to get that done!  But nonetheless, we closed on 12/27 and WE ARE IN!  Not only was I not able to help too much because of my "condition", my body decided it really needed to slow down and I somehow caught a flu-like virus that same day.  I have not been this sick in a very long time.  It is even harder and more frustrating because I cannot take a lot of the medicine I have always taken for granted because of being pregnant.  Oh well.  It is all to protect little Peyton.  My sweet husband has been so amazing.  Not only was he tasked with fixing up the house... he has had to move things where I want them... AND take care of me.  (We had so many of our family help us out with the move and they were lifesavers. Couldn't have done it without them!!) 

Anyways, I am on the mend... finally.  I still sound like I've been smoking for years though... Ha.  Our house is so wonderful.  And our dogs LOVE it!  Of course, I think we love having a backyard for them as much as THEY do!  I'm ready to have everything unpacked... and where I can park in the garage.  We will get there... someday. 

It hit me last night as I was heading to bed (early, mind you...) thinking about the new year that I will get to meet sweet Peyton in about 4 months.  Wow.  That doesn't sound that far away!  And there is so much to do!! 

So as I think about this upcoming year... as I will continue to do for a while... I am thankful of where the Lord brought us last year, the joys and sorrows, and hopeful and expectant of where He will take us this year.  What a enormous responsibility He is giving us with being a mommy and daddy to Peyton.  In all of the crazies of the last couple of weeks... and the months to come... I MUST put my focus on our Savior.  He alone can carry me thru this next year.

A verse that keeps coming to my mind is:  "... As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  - Joshua 24:15

May that verse be lived out in my home, in my family and in my heart.

No comments: