can i mention that i HATE strep throat?! last week, when i started packing things up and started to move my things to my new house, i started getting sick. it felt like strep. (i didn't go to the doctor - didn't have time. stupid i know. just assumed it was strep because of the symptoms and because i get it ALL of the time.) well, i got to move in the midst of this lovely sickness... whatever it was. i had no strength. no energy. i have always been pretty good at moving my own things (minus the big, heavy duty items). this time, not so much. it was unreal. i would lift something and it took just about all of me to just lift a normal box! i'm hoping it was just me being sick. ha!
well, finally by thursday night/friday i started feeling better. friday i was able to kind of get some things unpacked. saturday i felt more like myself. i was SOOO happy that i was able to go out saturday night to help celebrate one of my favorite friend melissa's 30th birthday. i lost my voice during the night but just thought it was just part of the festivities and the freakin' crazy cold, frigid wind. not so. by 4:00am i was awoken by not being able to swallow - or at least this horrible pain!! what?!?! not again. this time it was much worse. sigh. i can't do this again. by 7:30am, i checked and yep. looks like strep. this time i must go to the doc. off to the after hours clinic. yay. so the doc walks in...
doc: "so, you have a sore throat?" (lol. makes me sound like an idiot. i'm really not one of those people who just goes in when i have a little ailment.)
me: "i get strep a lot... just kind of think i may have it"
doc: "do you want me to do a strep test?"
me: (thinking) aren't YOU the doctor? "yes."
doc: "ok. it will take 5 minutes."
.... 15 minutes later....
doc: "you have strep"
me: (thinking) DUH
:)
so after 2 *fun* shots, i was on my way
thanks for reading my meaningless post about my LOVELY (read: sickly) week. and i'm supposed to be making cookies for my home group Christmas party tomorrow. don't think that is going to happen. i don't want to spread my curse!
1 comment:
Oh girl, was anyone helping you move?? I would have helped you! I would have had a secret ulterior motive to peek at your new house, but I would have loved to have helped. It's hard work to move, I think I"m like you though... I tend to do want to do it all myself!
I've never had strep, but I had tonsilitis once and OUCH. Felt the same way I think.
Hope you get to feeling better!
Post a Comment